It’s Veggie Wednesday! Hm, that could be a thing I guess? 🙂 There’s a whole lotta sunshine these days and with the (frustratingly slow..) departure of Winter temperatures I love serving colorful dishes. As I prefer spending more time on a terrace sipping cocktails and most likely you do as well, I’m sharing a véry easy, véry quick and véry vegetarian dish today: Ginger Soy Noodles.
What I love about this dish is that it’s very left-over friendly. Just pack it up for tomorrow’s lunch or in case you really miss some meat or fish you can serve this as a delicious side dish. With a marinate made of nutty spices, a dash of sweetness and my alltime favorite herb (cilantro/coriander) this Ginger Soy Noodles dish makes Veggie Wednesday that much better. Try my recipe (scroll down!) and let me know what you think by commenting below!
- Serving 2 plus some left-overs
- 250 gr noodles (I used egg noodles)
- 1 orange bell pepper
- 1 red bell pepper (optional, I like colorful plates!)
- 1 large onion
- a handful of fresh cilantro (coriander)
- 1/2 red pepper (deseeded)
- For the marinate:
- 3/4 tsp ginger powder (or 1/2 tsp grated fresh ginger)
- 1/4 tsp ground cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp olive oil (optional: replace 1 tbsp with sesame oil)
- 1 tbsp honey (or brown sugar)
- Mix all ingredients for the marinate well in a small bowl
- Soak the noodles (in this case egg noodles) if necessary in boiling water
- Heat up a frying pan or wok pan. Add the sliced onion and sliced bell peppers. Stir for 5 minutes.
- Add the (soaked) noodles and stir fry for about 2 minutes.
- Add the marinate mixture and stir fry for about 1 minute
- Add the chopped cilantro (coriander) and red pepper. Stir for about 30 seconds.
- Ready to serve warm or cold!
Oh and FYI:
I pan fried 2 eggs and added these together with some (extra) chopped cilantro to the dish when ready to serve.