As we’re celebrating this weeks upcoming Dishtales Travels to Paris, where we meet lovely Noémie (www.parisbyvegan.com), I’m sharing a vegan recipe with you all today for this really cool foodie concept that’s taking over the world. Some people around me (whom most likely hate Social Media…yes, they exist) didn’t know what Zoodles even meant. It’s quite simple though: spiralized zucchini into a noodle shape et voilá!
Now although I agree that we should take it down a notch with carbs sometimes, I simply couldn’t resist playing around with my spirelli (spiralizing kitchen tool) and try out a few toppings that worked well. That’s how this recipe came together really. I always say that you should keep experimenting in your kitchen as that’s the way to put divine deliciousness on your table. Avocado & cilantro pesto added the flavors to this dish. It was absolutely delicious! Considering a brand new vegan lifestyle? Nah, but I’m definitely rooting for recipes like this one. Enjoy!
- Serving 2 (vegan foodies!)
- 1 zucchini
- 1 avocado
- a bunch of fresh cilantro (coriander)
- 1 cloves of garlic (crushed)
- 3 tbsp parmesan cheese
- 1 lime
- the best extra virgin olive oil you have! 🙂
- salt & pepper
- Start with spiralizing the zucchini into spaghetti sized spirales. Heat up some olive oil in a pan and sauté the zoodles for about 2/3 minutes.
- In your food processor: add the avocado, cilantro, crushed garlic cloves and the lime juice. Pulse your machine 2/3 times and blend it all together (adding 2/3 tbsp olive oil to the pesto mix while blending) into a smooth green pesto.
- Almost done: simply mix the zoodles with the pesto and serve however you'd like to serve. I plated some julienne carrots, cherry tomatoes and olive oil, then added the zoodles and garnished with parmesan cheese. Yum!