Falafel Burgers. I kinda feel like I don’t need to write anything about this dish, but instead just let you indulge on the pictures and scroll down to the recipe! 🙂 Being a brutally honest food blogger I do have to admit one thing. I’ve been testing a lot of recipes with chickpeas recently and (meanwhile) discovering how versatile this product really is. As I love all food from the Middle East (I’m Persian…so yeah…) I was bound to endup making falafel. As I blended all ingredients and starting rolling + frying my first batch of falafel something went really, really wrong…
I hardly ever deep fry food, but when I do occasionally I forget that there’s also something called overheating oil. Yup, epic fail! Not only did the falafel balls quickly burst open, the whole thing ended up turning into a disgusting oil/chickpea soup. Luckily I had a second batch ready and while I was flushing my falafel soup down the toilet I had an AHA moment: Falafel Burgers! Baking, prepping & eating them made me forget all about the #soupfail. Yeah guys, I just hashtagged that! Oh and in case you make way too many, turn it into a Falafel Salad with my homemade Curried Tahini dressing! ENJOY!
- For a whole bunch of Falafel Burgers
- 300 gr chickpeas (I used canned and drained)
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 bunch parsley
- 2 tbsp flour (all purpose)
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp ground cayenne
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- salt & pepper
- olive oil (to bake the burger patties)
- For the Curried Tahini Dressing mix:
- 4 tbsp tahini paste
- 1 lemon
- 2 tsp curry powder
- a dash of water (add more water for a more liquid dressing)
- Blend all ingredients in a food processor. Make sure you chop ingredients like onions for easier use of your processor's pulse function. Make sure you don't over-process (puree) the ingredients!
- Make sure your hands are lightly damped before you start shaping the Falafel Burgers into patties.
- Heat up some olive oil over medium heat and bake your burgers.
- Now it's up to you how to serve! I grabbed some sesame buns and piled up lettuce, tomato, mashed avocado, and drizzled it with my tahini dressing. But a salad is great as well!
Amazing sustainable disposable dishware is courtesy of our friends at SD Trading. Visit their website for more information: SD Trading Website
For more cool burger ideas checkout this recipe: Vegetarian Burgers!