Little over a week from now we start our traditional, annual hunt for chocolate eggs that a big rabbit safely hid from us and…wait, no, that was 25 years ago. 🙂 Nowadays Easter weekend is all about a few good things, namely sleeping and eating! Many holidays cover the evening food sessions, but I love the sharp focus on that one hipster meal we all learned to love: brunch!
As you might remember, a few weeks ago I shared a saffron butter codfish recipe, when Lurpak asked me to share my favorite good food moment. Their incredibly delicious butter lifted my dish to a whole new level and so I couldn’t resist to share another recipe with you guys. A combination of fruits, vegetables, spices, some maple syrup and of course the magic of Lurpak butter allows me to share this Easter brunch recipe with you all today. This very easy-to-make, super fresh and utterly colourful salad should definitely score some points on your brunch table-set! 🙂 Scroll down for the recipe (or click here for the Dutch version of my recipe!) and start prepping your Easter Brunch!
- 75gr chard
- 250gr sweet potato
- 1 large or 2 medium sized oranges
- 8 strips of bacon
- 200gr chicken filet
- 40gr Lurpak salted butter
- For the dressing:
- 2 limes
- Olive oil (extra virgin)
- Apple vinegar
- Pre-heat your oven to 200 degrees Celsius. I use the hot air function.
- Peel and cut the sweet potatoes into cubes. Add 20gr of Lurpak salted butter to a frying pan and sauté the sweet potatoes over high heat, covered with the lid, for about 7 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Add a dash of maple syrup to the sweet potatoes, stir well and continue cooking for about 3 minutes over low/medium heat, uncovered.
- Put the maple glazed sweet potatoes onto a baking tray and place in the pre-heated oven. After 10 minutes, turn on the grill function (along with the hot air function, if possible) and continue baking for 5-7 minutes. If you wish to have a brown crust continue baking with the grill function, check regularly, and bake for as long as you wish.
- Peel and slice the orange(-s) into thin wedges. Slice the wedges again into small triangles. Set aside.
- Fry 8 bacon strips until golden brown. Place them on a layer of kitchen paper, while gently pressing kitchen paper on top. This will absorb all excess grease and allow the bacon strips to become crispy. You can now crumble the bacon strips and put them aside to cool further.
- Cut the chicken filet into thin slices. Season the slices with turmeric (well covered), salt and pepper.
- Heat up some Lurpak salted butter (about 10gr should do) and bake the slices of chicken for about 10 minutes (or until cooked thoroughly). Place them on a cutting board and allow to cool a bit. Then slice the filets into thin strips and set aside.
- For a fresh and light dressing, simply add together juice of 2 limes, a dash of extra virgin olive oil and a tablespoon of apple vinegar. Stir well and set aside.
- It’s time to assemble the salad! Start off with a bed of chard. Then add the maple glazed sweet potatoes and orange triangles. Poor over the bacon crumble and chicken strips. Drizzle the dressing over the salad and you’re ready for a delicious Easter brunch!
Oh and FYI:
TIP: To score some extra points with this recipe you may consider pan roasting your favorite kind of nuts and adding them to the salad for some extra crunch. Hazelnuts or almonds would be my suggestion, but feel free to go freestyle on this! 🙂
Did you know that you can still win a Foodtrip to Denmark? If you live in the Netherlands and love Lurpak as much as we do, here’s all you need to know:
WIN A TRIP TO DENMARK! (Dutch audience only)
I hereby challenge you to share your ultimate Lurpak good-food butter moment. Why? Well, you can actually win a trip to fabulous Denmark! Here’s a step by step to-do list to join this supereasy, yet highly awesome competition:
- Buy a stick of Lurpak salted butter.
- Make a picture that clearly shows both your good-food moment and the Lurpak salted butter.
- Share the picture on Facebook or Instagram and use #roomboter and #lurpak.
- That’s it
Looking forward to see all your good-food moments online!!