It’s Friday and so I thought you’d might like a new bakings post. Buckle up ‘cuz we’re going all out today with these Cranberry Macadamia Brownies!
I used to think that baking brownies is hard and time consuming until I once decided to just buy a baking tin and try it out. As with all unexpected try-outs it all turned out to be super easy. But of course I wasn’t satisfied, the next step was to make that perfect, moist, gooey brownie. Countless chocolate soups were created and so it took me quite some time to come up with a recipe that truly serves its purpose. Now let me state the following: I personally love my brownies the way they come out with this recipe. So if you don’t like moist, gooeyness, a sour pinch (cranberries) and an earthy, nutty bottom, then don’t make it! Then again, if you’re reading this I’m hoping that you trust me when it comes to recipes, right? 😉 Enjoy and have a great weekend!
- Serving a bunch of brownies
- 250 gr Butter
- 250 gr dark chocolate (crushed)
- 350 gr sugar
- 6 eggs
- 150 gr Flour
- pinch of salt
- crushed macadamia nuts (around 200 gr, but really as much as you prefer)
- dried cranberries (same here, use as much as you prefer)
- Pre-heat oven to 180C/350F
- Melt butter and chocolate in a bowl (au bain-marie) and set aside to cool
- Mix sugar and eggs in a separate bowl for 2-3 minutes
- Keep mixing the wet ingredients while slowly adding the butter/chocolate mix. Make sure it's mixed well
- I highly recommend that you do this next step by hand. Gradually add the sifted flour & salt into the wet ingredient mix. Don't mix this in, however, fold it in gently with a spatula. Make sure it's all mixed well though
- Grease a baking tin (approximately 25 cm) and and line it with baking paper. Now add the crushed macadamia nuts onto the bottom and spread evenly.
- Add the brownie mixture onto the macadamia bottom and even it out with a spatula. Time to bake (for about 30 minutes)!
- Note: don't panic when you check on your brownie and a toothpick does NOT come out clean. With this recipe you're actually supposed to bake a gooey brownie! Trust me, it's yummy! 🙂
- Decorate and serve as you wish. I love some fresh fruit alongside and powdered sugar all over it (as you see on the post pictures)