It’s Monday and here in Amsterdam temperatures are rising a bit, which means summer is right around the corner! With a whole lot of Dishtales Travels ventures and a whole lot of travelling coming up I’m starting to crave more and more for quick, healthy & most importantly delicious meals. Although you’d never hear me talk about going paleo or skipping carbs for any reason, I love combining some delicious bread with a tasty salad. Tossing some lettuce & tomatoes is easy (and honestly utterly embarrassing to post it as a recipe). Nevertheless, I couldn’t help but sharing this caprese salad’s recipe as there’s a very special, incredibly tasty twist to it…
I was at my friends place a few weeks ago for dinner when he served the burrata version of this salad. Burrata is that incredibly creamy (to-die-for) version of mozzarella, mixed with mozzarella and even served in a little bag of mozzarella. I just bought some buffalo mozzarella because…well…it’s super delicious! 🙂 Though his burrata salad was to die for, the special twist was him tossing some caramelized cashews on top of it. EPIC! As the recipe’s going to be shockingly short (obviously) and I need you all to just try this ASAP I’m gonna stop now. Try it out and definitely comment below as I wanna hear you all praise this delicious combination of fantastic food. Enjoy!
- Serving 2
- 2 buffalo mozzarellas (or regular as you please)
- 2 handsfull of cherry tomatoes
- some chopped, fresh basil
- unsalted cashews*
- 2 tbsp sugar
- balsamic vinegar
- salt & pepper
- Roast the cashews, stirring constantly, over medium heat until they start changing color a bit
- Gently add the sugar little by little and turn the heat down to medium-low. Don't leave the stove as sugar heats up rapidly and the cashews can burn. When the cashews become golden brown you set them aside to cool on a sheet of aluminum foil.
- Toss all other ingredients on a plate as preferred, add the (cooled down) cashews and drizzle some balsamic vinegar all over it. Season well and serve with some fresh bread and a summer, homemade lemonade!
Oh and FYI:
* 2 handsfull should do the trick, yet making more means you can nibble on some caramelized cashews later on as well 😉